Monday, August 8, 2011

Founder's Day

On Saturday the Trust celebrated Founder's Day. All of the women were dressed in saris and the men wore western clothes which might have been popular in the States in the early 1980's. There were dances and awards and then a big dinner catered outside. Everyone ate off of banana leaves. There were three seatings and people came and waited behind you for your seat. Boys from the Trust served all of the food from buckets and there were many dishes. Like all of the other meals I have had in South India, everyone eats with his/her right hand. No utensils are used. This took some getting used to and I have taken to sitting on my left hand so that I am sure not to use it. Now I kind of like eating with my hand.

1 comment:

  1. Julia you look amazing and so content. Hope you are adjusting. We love hearing about your experiences. Be well!

    ReplyDelete